The British Scholarship Trust was created after the First World War to support outstanding young academics from Yugoslavia.
Each year we award a number of scholarships to students enrolled in post-graduate study in Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia to enable them to undertake short periods of focused work at a UK university. The scholarships usually cover 1-3 months’ living expenses and may in some cases also cover library or bench fees. Regrettably we cannot fund full-time taught course tuition fees.
Our grants are aimed at scholars who:
- Are currently enrolled on a post-graduate course in their home countries
- Can describe how a period of study in the UK will further their academic work
- Possess an excellent academic track record
- Will be aged 30 or under at the time of their UK stay
Unfortunately, we are unable to award grants in the following cases:
- Undergraduate or post-doctoral students
- Students enrolled at an institute outside the countries listed above
- To cover full-time taught courses in the UK.
The British Scholarship Trust is a registered charity in the UK.
THE BRITISH SCHOLARSHIP TRUST (BOSNIA HERZEGOVINA, CROATIA, MACEDONIA, MONTENEGRO, SERBIA) 1031428